- Extract the Vanilla win32 distribution (
vanilla-x.y.z.zip) to a directory of your choice (e.g.
- Download REBOL/Core from http://www.rebol.com/platforms.shtml. You can use the direct link http://www.rebol.com/downloads/core031.zip if you like.
rebol031.exe from the REBOL/Core .zip file, and put
rebol031.exe in your Vanilla directory (e.g.
rebol031.exe is the only file we'll need from the .zip
- Download Apache from http://httpd.apache.org/ and install it. Note (as in "write down" :) the path to your Apache installation.
vanilla.r.conf into Apache's
cgi-bin directory, which is a subdirectory in the directory you've installed Apache to in the previous step.
vanilla.cgi with your favorite text editor and change the first line to point to your REBOL/Core executable (e.g. change it to
- You're almost done! Edit
vanilla.cgi.conf and adapt at least
- Use some random string as
vanilla-space-identifier, for example the current date and time (e.g.
vanilla-space-identifier: "2003-09-22 01:51").
vanilla-root must point to your Vanilla installation directory, but in REBOL notation. (e.g.
vanilla-root: "/C/vanilla/" if your vanilla is in
C:\vanilla\). Do not forget the trailing slash! (e.g.
"/C/vanilla/" but not
- That's it for now, you should now be able to access your Vanilla instance thru a browser, try http://localhost/cgi-bin/vanilla.cgi.