So all you've got to do, is open a Terminal, read the instructions and type the following commands:
curl -O http://www.vanillasite.at/dist/install-vanilla-osx.sh
open -a "TextEdit" install-vanilla-osx.sh
The first command will download the script, the second command opens an editor for you to inspect the script, and if all is fine, the third command will execute the script.
Once that's done, you should be able to access your shiny new Vanilla via http://localhost/cgi-bin/vanilla.cgi. Enjoy!
- Delete everything in
/usr/local/vanilla-0.6.2and remove all files with names starting with
/Library/WebServer/Documents/vanilla-staticis completely removed.
- In your home folder, a temporary directory
vanilla-installwill be created. If such a directory already exists, it will be deleted first!
- Vanilla 0.6.2 and REBOL 2.5.6 for OSX are downloaded into this temporary directory.
- Vanilla is installed in
/usr/local/vanilla-0.6.2/vanillaand REBOL in
- Vanilla's CGI executable is adapted to correctly point to the REBOL interpreter. The Vanilla CGI itself is placed along with the config file in
/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables, i.e. in the Apache directory for sytem-wide CGIs.
- The config file is adapted to properly set
- Vanilla's static file directory is moved to
/Library/WebServer/Documents/vanilla-static, i.e. made publicly web-accessible.
- Finally, the temporary directory where the downloads were stored is removed.